Given the vast digital resources and opportunities available, growing your electrical contracting business may seem like a daunting task.
If you’re just getting started in digital marketing, or need to streamline your current online marketing efforts, here is our number one recommendation growing your company: start with an updated, search engine optimized website.
In 2016, most businesses have their own website. However, the truly important aspect of a modern website is making sure it’s optimized to rank high with search engines, like Google, and that the site is built to convert visitors to leads and sales. SEO is simply the only way to accomplish this.
Don’t believe us?
Here are 8 statistics to get you up to date on the importance of SEO for your Electrical Business.
- 93% of online sessions begin with a search engine.
- 70% of the websites users click on are organic, NOT paid advertising.
- In fact, over 70% of users IGNORE the paid ads, and only click on the organic search results
- Google owns roughly 70% of the market share of search engines.
- Search engine queries are the #1 source of traffic to content sites, beating out social media and email marketing.
- 75% of users never look past the first page of search results
- Conversation rates are 10% higher from search engine traffic than from social media traffic.
- 81% of B2B purchases started with a search engine query.
- 57% of B2B marketers say SEO is the biggest driver of lead generation.
- By 2018, there will be an estimated 73 billion phone calls generated from mobile search engine findings.
Pretty compelling facts, huh? Now that you understand why SEO is a great resource for you as an electrician, lets take a look at what SEO actually is, and how it works.
What is SEO and How Can it Help My Business?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is simply a strategy put in place to improve your search engine rankings for specific keywords, thus increasing the number of qualified visitors sent to your company’s website.
For instance, when someone searches:
‘Electricians West Bloomfield Mi’
The businesses that show up on the first page are a result of SEO (the organic listings, not paid. For that, check out our article on PPC vs. SEO)
The most efficient way to improve your website’s SEO is through content: on-page (what you see on your website) and off-page (what’s in the backend of your website.
Content is the Key to SEO
High Level Marketing SEO Strategist, Shammi Farook, recently discussed the best practices and general guidelines for writing SEO-friendly content.
I suggest clicking that link to get an in-depth look at the kind of content you should have written on your website for your business to be found in search for the terms that will benefit your business.
Here’s a snippet:
“In fact, SEO-friendly content is satisfying and useful for both readers and web crawlers.
Factors like keywords, titles, headings, lists, images, and internal links not only make your content more structured and easier for your audience to digest, but it also helps search engines understand what your page is about.”
Writing SEO-friendly isn’t easy, it takes practice and a lot of patience for the work to take hold.
For most small business owners, creating an optimized website is at the bottom of their ‘to-do’ list.
We understand this the challenge of the small business day to day, and we’d love to help you get ranked.
All you have to do is book a call with us, and we’ll do the rest. Click here to get started.