Thanksgiving Posts that Work!
Serve Up Meaningful Thanks Without Being a Turkey
If you’ve read any of our previous social media suggestions, it should come as no surprise that sharing your excitement and appreciation for the holidays is a quick and easy way to remind your customers that you’re just like them. And at the end of the day, the brands and businesses that prove themselves to be more relatable are often the ones that attract the most customers.
Regardless of what business you’re in, think about your competitors… are you watching them to see how they’re attracting business and continuing to grow, or are they chasing you? It’s important to be honest with yourself about this because understanding where you fit in the marketplace will determine how you can best leverage social media to your advantage!
Yes, you read that correctly, and the takeaway is that you don’t have to be the biggest, baddest, most successful player in your industry to run a social media campaign that works. Surprisingly, this is one tactic many underdogs use time and again to bring a brand from the shadows of obscurity into the limelight on center stage. They successfully harnessed social media to connect with their customers and build a relationship with them. And more often than not, it didn’t take anything more than a couple of clever posts to properly showcase their brand’s personality!
Can We Use This Opportunity to Promote a Special?
The short answer is… ABSOLUTELY! However, let’s be clear, you don’t always have to promote your products and/or services! Again, a simple message that shows off your personality is all it takes for customers to ‘like’ you, or attract new prospects who may have otherwise been indifferent to you. With that, here’s a few Thanksgiving messages you can tailor to fit your business.
- Thanksgiving Discounts Start Today… for those with the best holiday pie pics! Share your best ‘pie pics’ with us and save (insert your offer here) Seriously… don’t be a turkey!
- Everyone has something to be thankful for… except my pants! (insert your offer here)
- Why did the Turkey cross the road? To prove he wasn’t chicken! Celebrate the season of fowl jokes with us!
- We’re so thankful for our friends, family, and customers! Y’all are the baste!
- Unlike Miley Cyrus, I’m coming into Thanksgiving like a butterball!
- May your Thanksgiving be filled with peace, love, and pants that aren’t as tight as a glove!
- Oh My Gourd! Thanksgiving Clearance Sale - Up to XX% OFF (insert your product or service here)! Book Now!
- Turkeys care about being comfortable, too! Take XX% off your (new roof installation, AC service, tree trimming service, etc.) Call us at (insert your phone # here) or message us by (end of promotion date) to avoid having a ‘fowl’ Thanksgiving.
- We’re Thankful for all our friends and customers that have helped to make our year a successful one! Celebrate Thanksgiving with us! (insert your offer here)
Okay, I see a Couple that Fit My Company’s Personality. What’s My Next Step?
Again, engaging with customers and prospects on social media starts by first committing yourself to POSTING A MESSAGE on your social media page! Remember... people enjoy connecting with other people, so be genuine, authentic and real… and preferably not too cheesy- save that for your mac and cheese. In other words, just be yourself and don’t overthink it.
We sincerely hope this helps you feel better about dipping your toes into the social media pool! From all of us at High Level Marketing, have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!