To Blog or Not to Blog
Why Do Small Businesses Shy Away from Blogs?
- “I don’t have time to manage it.”
- “I’m not a good writer; no one in my company is.”
- “I don’t know where to begin; about what to write or what the format is.”
- “I never read blogs so I don’t think it’s necessary to offer/maintain one.”
Small Business Blogging Benefits
- - Establish credibility as an expert within a particular service or product category
- - Provide an equitable exchange with prospects. Entice them with valuable content and they will most likely reward you with current business and future referrals.
- - Generate more leads as a result of driving more traffic to your website—SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- - Surprise and delight customers by engaging them with seasonal offers or anything relevant to your particular client base.
- - Power and populate your social media channels like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc.
Author: Elizabeth Scavnicky Yaekle