Building a website is a great way to promote your company. If you’re considering building a website for your company there’s a good chance you are looking into website builders and hosting companies.
There are a lot of options out there; and if you don’t have an in-house design and web developer, it may be challenging to build a website from scratch.
One company that offers both hosting and a web builder is, Wix. The company offers hosting, a domain, and use of their free web builder for a monthly charge of $9.25 to $24.90 per month.
Let's discuss the pros and cons of building a website with Wix:
- Wix has a wide variety of templates that can be customized.
- A lot of the templates are mobile-friendly.
- They recently made a switch from flash-based to HTML5.
- They offer stock photos that you can use for your website.
- They allow you to create a logo using their recommended palettes.
- It's relatively cheap.
- The website builder isn’t as user-friendly as the company claims. If you don’t have any web experience you may struggle.
- The biggest issue with Wix is that once you have selected a template you are basically stuck with it. If you change templates you’ll need to begin editing everything all over again, basically start from the beginning.
- While the website builder is free, you’ll need to pay for a domain. If you choose the cheapest priced option at $4.08, you'll receive a Wix banner on the top of your website.
- Ecommerce websites are only available when you choose the highest priced packages.
- Storage and bandwidth is fairly limited in most plans.
- Wix websites aren't set-up for success in search engine optimization.
Unfortunately, most small businesses don’t have the time or a specialist in-house to deal with the website builder and modify the templates.
If your website is not appealing and easy to navigate, you'll miss out on opportunities to convert that traffic to leads (and no leads equals no sales).
Customers decide whether or not they are interested in learning more about your services or products within the first few seconds of them landing on your website; making your websites design, development, and user-experience so important.
Should I Build A Business Websites with Wix?
Unless you have an in-house web developer, there’s a good chance that you’ll have a bit of difficulty building your website on Wix.
One thing you may want to consider is hiring an affordable web design company. Look for web design companies that have professionals on-staff (in-house) that can build a website from the ground up; helping you with everything branding to on-going marketing.
Don’t waste time trying to “play around” with a web builder when you can have professionals create the perfect website for your business! If you'd like a free quote on a new website, click here to fill out a quick form. In the mean time, check out our website design portfolio!