How to Avoid Coronavirus Malware
We're currently seeing a rise in attempts to compromise business information which is concurrent with AVG's observations.
Phishing scams tend to prey on the victim's fear by using real and current threats. Hackers are now pretending to offer COVID-19 information that is filled with malware designed to steal from people.
We recommend checking the World Health Organization for the most current, accurate, and up-to-date information on the COVID-19 pandemic. As well these five tips:
- Check your sources and only refer to ones with a good reputation for accuracy and verifiable facts.
- Don't click on links in unknown emails.
- Don't open attachments without checking the legitimacy with the sender first.
- Check website links for strange typos, added numbers, or anything that doesn't seem right.
- Think about how it's been shared. Facebook posts, WhatsApps chains, and Tweets can be written and doctored by anyone.
Be sure to regularly scan your website for malware which can have a severe negative impact on your web visibility and cause you to completely disappear from Google. All clients of HLM get continuous Malware scanning included with their MYCE websites. To perform a Malware scan on your own, we recommend the Google resource:
Stay safe and all the best.